With a Premium Teacher account, teachers can make quizzes to test their students’ reading comprehension.
You can add questions to your quiz in two different ways:
- Add custom questions to your quiz. (Please click here to find out how to add custom questions to a quiz.)
- Copy questions from another quiz or template.
To Copy Questions from a Template or an Existing Quiz
- Display the Questionnaire section of a specific quiz by clicking Set Up Questions after creating your quiz, or by selecting your quiz from My Quizzes then clicking on Edit Questions.
- Select the section to which you want to add a question, then click on Add Question(s) from Another Quiz.
- Specify the questions’ Source — i.e. whether you will be copying them from a template or one of your other quizzes.
- Select the specific quiz from which you want to copy questions, then click Next.
- Use the checkboxes to select the questions you want to copy into your quiz, then click Add Questions to display the Questionnaire view.
- Edit your newly added questions and assign marks to them, by clicking on the Edit icon on the right of each row.
- Edit the fields as desired, using the table below to guide you.
Field Description Question The text of your question Question ID A unique identifier for your question. Keep default value. Type Select one of five question types, including: open response, text, number, single choice, and multiple choice. Answer Set Available for single choice or multiple choice questions only, students will be able to choose their answer(s) from this set. Choose one of the available presets, or select Custom to define your own answer set. Answers Available only when you choose a multiple or single choice question type, with a Custom answer set. Enter a selection of answer choices, one per line. Teacher Notes Enter reminder notes that you will see while you are marking the question, to help you be consistent with your grading. (E.g. “Remove one mark if the student fails to mention XYZ.”) Your students will not see these notes. Marks The number of marks assigned to the question.
- Click on the Apply Changes button.
- When you have finished adding your questions, you can click on the Preview button to see what your quiz looks like.
- Click on the Done button when you are ready to Finalize the quiz. Your Quiz Details screen will appear.