All teachers using Reading Rewards can create a list of book recommendations, and share it with their group(s) and/or the entire Reading Rewards community.
The Reading Rewards Premium Teacher account provides added functionality, which lets you establish timelines for completing the assigned reading and monitor your students’ progress.
To create an assigned reading list:
- Visit Book Recommendations > My Book Lists.
- Click on “Create New Book List” to display List Settings.
- Fill in the fields as described in the table below.
Field Description List Name Enter a descriptive name for your list. For example: Ms. Sharon’s Summer 2015 4th Grade Reading List Tags Separate your tags with commas. This list will then be searchable by members of your groups! Share this with my groups By setting this to ‘Yes’, this list will appear on your groups’ pages as recommended reading lists.
- Click Add New Books to List, to search for books on Amazon and add them to your list.
- Add comments to each book in your list, which your students will be able to see.
- Click the Assignment Details tab to add a Start and End date to your assigned reading list, as well as a description that your students will see, then click Save.